Arista 7500R3 Series Universal Spine and Cloud Networks
Designed for the next generation of large scale virtualized and cloud networks the Arista 7500R3 Series modular switches are the 3rd generation of the 7500R Series universal spine switches. They combine 400G and 100G density with internet scale table sizes and comprehensive L2 and L3 features. Advanced EOS features for network monitoring, precision timing, VXLAN network virtualization and EVPN are combined with extensive hardware resources with a wide choice of systems and line cards to support lasting investment protection.
The 7500R3 Series enable highly scalable network designs with Segment Routing, MLAG, ECMP, EVPN and VXLAN technologies.
The Arista 7500R3 Series FlexRoute™ engine and EOS NetDB provides the scalability to support Internet IP routing scale with the low power consumption and fast convergence while scaling to millions of routes.
Arista Algorithmic ACLs enables flexible high scale access controls with expanded pattern matching, combined with sFlow sampling of all interfaces at the full forwarding capacity while providing additional capabilities for filtering.
7500R3 Architecture Advantages:
- Investment protection - backward and forward line card compatibility
- Consistent 7500R3 Series architecture ensures seamless migrations
- Distributed packet processor scales forwarding capacity linearly
- FlexRoute™ for Internet route table scale with low power draw
- Flexible pipeline for programmable features including Algorithmic ACLs and Inband Network Telemetry
- System wide health monitoring
- High bandwidth intelligent and dynamic deep buffers for the most demanding traffic scenarios
- Virtual Output Queues avoid head of line blocking
- Cell based fabric with redundancy for 100% efficiency and consistent low latency and jitter
- Optimized multicast forwarding
- Comprehensive counters with up to 16 classifications per flow for real-time monitoring and troubleshooting
- QOS Fabric fairness - no hot-spots with fabric mirroring enhancements
High Performance Universal Spine
- Non-blocking 230Tbps of system capacity
- High density 10/25/40/50/100/400G Ethernet
- 288 wire speed 400G ports
- Ultra deep buffers up to 16GB per line card
- Class leading latency of 3.5usec
- 9.6Tbps of fabric capacity per line card
- Virtual Output Queues per port and CoS to eliminate head of line blocking
- Single binary image
- Fine-grained truly modular network OS
- Scalable control plane for internet peering
- Extensible platform - bash, python, C++ , GO, OpenConfig
- Resilient self-healing software
- Rich Streaming Telemetry solutions
- Over 10 Years of EOS innovations and experience with the R-Series Architecture
Cloud Grade Routing
- Comprehensive routing:OSPF/ OSPFv3, MP-BGP, IS-IS, PIM, MSDP and MLD
- Transport Signaling : LDP, RSVP-TE, SR-TE, BGP-LU, BGP-LS
- Services: IPv4 VPNs (RFC 4364), 6PE/6VPE, L2/L3 EVPN , EVPN-VPWS, EVPN-DCI*, EVPN-Multicast, VPLS*, Pseudowires
- Tunneling: LDP, RSVP, SR, LDP over RSVP, GRE, MPLS over GRE
- Resiliency: ECMP/ UCMP, PIC, RSVP-TE FRR, SRLG, TI-LFA
- QoS: Classification, Flexible rewrite, Ingress Policing, VoQ, Hierarchical-QoS, Shaping
- Security: MACSEC, uRPF, ACLs, CoPP, AAA
Scalable Cloud and Service Provider Designs
- Comprehensive switching and routing feature set with rapid convergence
- Segment Routing and EVPN Services for IX Providers and Cloud WAN
- IPv4 and IPv6 Overlay and Underlay support
- Internet scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables with over 5M IPv4 routes
- Large scale IPv4 / IPv6, ACLs, and QoS with flexible profiles
- Up to 48Bpps of wire speed forwarding
- CloudVision® provisioning and automation
- VXLAN and 512-way multi-pathing for next generation DC
- LANZ for microburst detection
- Accelerated sFlow for high capacity network security and application monitoring
- Inband Network Telemetry for flow and packet forensics at scale
- CloudVision for Workflow Automation and Orchestration
Arista 7500R3 Series Specifications
The Arista 7500R3 Series of modular switches deliver the industry’s highest performance with 230Tbps of system throughput to meet the needs of the largest scale data centers. With a choice of systems the 7500R Series provides four, eight or twelve line card modules, two supervisor modules, and six fabric modules. Designed for continuous operations and with system wide monitoring of hardware and software components, simple serviceability and provisioning to prevent single points of failure the hardware architecture supports high-availability with hot-swap of all components.
Arista 7500R3 Series Architecture
The Arista 7500R3 Series leverages a deep buffer virtual output queue (VOQ) architecture that is 100% efficient, eliminates head-of-line (HOL) blocking and virtually eliminates packet drops even in the most congested network scenarios. An advanced traffic scheduler fairly allocates bandwidth between all virtual output queues while accurately following queue disciplines including weighted fair queuing, fixed priority, or hybrid schemes. As a result, the Arista 7500R3 Series can handle the most demanding data center requirements with ease, including mixed traffic loads of real-time, multicast, and storage traffic while still delivering low latency.
7500R3 System Comparisons:
Available in a compact system design, as a choice of 12, 8 and 4 slot, the Arista 7500R3 Series enables a full range of wirespeed ports from 10G to 400G. It lowers total cost of ownership as it is designed to be efficient with power per port as low as 25W per 400G port which combined with front to rear cooling to optimize the data center environment produces the most reliable, dense and power efficient modular switch.
Arista 7500R3 Series
|Description||Delivers high density, low power non-blocking Ethernet switching system.||Delivers high density, low power non-blocking Ethernet switching system.||Optimum form-factor for many mid-size deployments.|
|Linecard Capacity||9.6 Tbps||9.6 Tbps||9.6 Tbps|
|Forwarding Rate||48 Bpps||32 Bpps||16 Bpps|
|Airflow||Front to Rear||Front to Rear||Front to Rear|
Note: Maximum density values based on per line card breakout with appropriate cables/transceivers and subject to EOS Scale support
The 7500R3 modular chassis can accommodate a combination of the 7500R line cards providing a rich choice of density and speed:
7500R3 Line Cards Comparison:
The 7500R3 Series offer a broad choice of line cards with a choice of speed and density options up to 36 ports of wire speed 100G and 40G, or 24 ports of 400G. A flexible 25G line card with integrated 400G QSFP-DD allows for 10G to 400G speeds on a single module. Every 400G interface supports a choice of speeds including 25G and 50G providing unparalleled flexibility and the ability to seamlessly transition data centers to the next generation of Ethernet performance.
|Ports||24 400G OSFP||24 400G QSFP-DD||36 100G QSFP||36 100G QSFP||48 25G SFP and 4 400G QSFP-DD|
|Switching Capacity||9.6 Tbps||9.6 Tbps||3.6 Tbps||3.6 Tbps||2.8Tbps|
Combined with the highly modular, robust Extensible Operating System (EOS), a dynamic smart deep buffer architecture with virtual output queuing for lossless forwarding, low latency and wire speed performance, the Arista 7500R3 line cards enable scalable and high performance data center solutions.
Each 7500R3 Series line card delivers a consistent set of features supporting layer 2 and layer 3 data center designs with predictable and linear scaling. Arista's FlexRoute Engine enables full Internet routing coupled with support for a variety of IP/MPLS/VXLAN protocols.
|Resources1||7500R3 Series||7500R3K Series|
|Balanced Profile||L3-XL Profile
|L3-XXL Profile||L3-XXXL Profile||Balanced-XL Profile|
|IPv4 Unicast Routes||1450K||800K||2250K||2850K||3950K||1850K|
|Additional IPv4 Unicast Routes with FlexRoute||+1792K||+1792K||+2048K||+1536K||+3072K||+2048K|
|IPv6 Unicast Host Routes||433-483K||250-267K||683-750K||833-950K||1100-1317K||567-617K|
|TCAM ACL Entries (Per chip)||24K||24K||24K||24K||24K||24K|
|Traffic Policy ACL IPv4 Prefixes||30K||30K||430K||296K||30K||430K|
|Traffic Policy ACL IPv6 Prefixes||10K||10K||150K||100K||10K||150K|
1 Undimensional scaling maxima with currently available MDB profiles. Available resources depend on user configuration.